Get ready!Get ready! https://ridethekaroo.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/unspecified-35-1024x571.jpeg 1024 571 Ride The Karoo Ride The Karoo https://ridethekaroo.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/unspecified-35-1024x571.jpeg
It’s been a busy start to the year with lots of preparation to make sure the first Ride the Karoo is one to remember! We hope you’re as excited as we are! Herewith a brief list of essentials for the ride.
Arrival: All participants can arrive any time from 14:00 on Friday 22 February.
Registration will take place from 15:00-19:00 at Fairview Farm. (Please see location details below)
Tent & room allocation: You will receive your tent & room allocation at registration.
WHAT TO PACK:
- We provide you with a tent and comfy mattress, remember to bring your pillow and sleeping bag, this is applicable for the upgraded tented accommodation as well. For those that have booked the upgraded room packages, bedding will be provided.
- Warm jacket for the chilly Karoo nights.
- Riding kit: Each participant will receive a complimentary cycling shirt in the goody bag
- The 160km riders are welcome to drop a tog bag off at breakfast which will be transported to the 3rd water point at Nieu Bethesda.
- COMPULSORY: 2 Water bottles (min 500ml) or a Camel Back
- Nutrition: Remember it’s a long day on the bike, pack something to nibble on. There will also be 6 water points on the 161km and 3 water points on the 82km.
- Don’t get “hangry”, bring some snacks.
- Cash: Bring cash for drinks, snacks etc. as there are no ATM’s (50km away) however there will be card failities and snapscan available (signal dependent)
- Personal Medication (If needed)
- Mandatory – Sense of humour
FAIRVIEW IS SITUATED BETWEEN MIDDELBURG EC & RICHMOND NC
Coming from Colesberg or Graaff-Reinet/Port-Elizabeth: Take off-ramp into Middelburg. Carry on with main road (Meintjies st) towards a traffic light (the only 1 in town!) Turn right (coming from Colesberg or left coming from Graaff-Reinet), head on to a T-junction, turn left and 1st right into Richmond road (R398). Carry on with this road for approximately 48km. The farm Fairview will be on your left.
Coming from Cape Town: Take 1st gravel road just pass Richmond to the right on the R398. Carry on for approximately 65km. Fairview will be on your right.
Gps: S 31 32’31.2” E024 32’47.0”
See you on the start line!
Rian & Charlotte (Urban Goat Event Management )